Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Surviving Hollywood


Surviving Hollywood. That's what I've been doing for the last 10 years. Sure the stars and big name directors get all the glamour, but for each of them, there are hundreds of craftsmen, technicians and crew members working behind the scenes to make them look good. And we work hard, long hours for modest pay.

Around the time of the 2008 elections I was doing some research for film when I came across several websites that have become my daily reading. I'd always had an interest in survivalism and have kept and earthquake preparedness kit since I moved to Los Angeles.

Reading through the message boards and listening to the podcasts really opened my eyes. The more I learned the more I wanted to learn and I quickly realized how fragile our system is.

My mind began racing. What happens if there's a huge earthquake and the city is shut down like New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina? What happens if there is an economic collapse and the world falls to chaos? What happens if President Obama is assassinated? It could spark a race war that would make the Rodney King riots look like a school yard fist fight. What other race riots could happen if there's immigration reform?

All these things went through my mind and like many early stage preppers, I had a fantasy about me living off the land in the mountains, Rambo style, while I walked to my bug out location. I bought gear and filled my bug out bag. Started target shooting and hunting again. Tested my bush craft and retrained my outdoors skills.

I'm no expert but I want to contribute to the community so I decided to take my love of books and movies as well as my own insight into the film making process to create this site. I plan to focus on movie and book reviews but you can expect an occasional rant or gear reviews from time to time.

I hope you enjoy and are entertained and I hope you can learn something too.


Wraith270

No comments:

Post a Comment